Baguio City Led by Wrestling Team in Capturing Over-All National Championship of 2011 Batang Pinoy By: Karlo Silverio L. Sevilla III
The Baguio City Wrestling Team (BCWT), with its top medal haul of 8 gold, 7 silver, and 3 gold medals, led the City of Pines in lording over all other local government units (LGUs) and winning the Over-All National Championship in the 2011 Batang Pinoy Games. The BCWT was also crowned team champion in the wrestling event of the games, followed by Zamboanga City, Quezon City, Laguna Province, and Pasig City, respectively.
The revived Batang Pinoy Games exclusively feature Olympic sports for young athletes 15 years old and below. Its ultimate objective is to discover and train potential athletes who have the best chances of qualifying in the 2nd Youth Olympic Games that will be held in Nanjing, China in 2014.
The members and the medals won by the BCWT are:
01. David Caoli, 38 kg, Gold-Freestyle (FS), Bronze-Greco-Roman (GR);
02. Elizur Cayat, 42 kg, Silver-FS, Silver-GR;
03. Ismael Bandiwan, 47 kg, Gold-FS, Gold-GR;
04. Orville Degyawi, 53 kg, Gold-GR, Silver-FS;
05. Gerald Bosikaw, 53 kg, Gold-FS, Silver-GR;
06. Jayver Padilan, 59 kg, Gold-GR, Silver-FS;
07. Christendon Martin, 59 kg, Gold-FS, Silver-GR;
08. Rodegyn Malabja, 44 kg, Gold-Freestyle Women (FW); and
09. Minayn Foy-Os, 53 kg, Silver, FW.
The BCWT is managed by Team Manager Maria Teresa Asuncion and coached by Head Coach Jerry Fangaison and Asst. Coach Mark Sumalag.
[Click here for more NEWS!!!]